Sunday, November 8, 2009

Our Government at Work

Dear Mindy:
Well, it's done, at least in the house, by a rousing 220-215 margin, not close to the majority Democrats have there. At least abortion is out of it for now, a wrenching disappointment for the Pelosi kids. I'm not able to respond to all the points you bring up on the specifics of the bill. I too am disappointed conservatives have been slow to put a proposal on the table. Perhaps you can bring me up to date on what it says.

What would I do about health care reform? First, as we began this discussion some time ago, I would want it to line up with my understanding of biblical principles as outlined in one of my first blogs, speaking to the 10th commandment about coveting anything that is our neighbors, the fallacy of trying to make health care a right to be provided by the government, which produces nothing on it's own. Also, tort reform, and assuring the maximum competitive situation between insurance companies to allow them to bid across state lines both of which would reduce costs drastically. In other words, a free market initiative. Ironic that we will be studying I Cor 6 in our home group next Sunday, the biblical version of tort reform.

I'm looking forward to your comments on "The Grand Inquisitor", esp in response to mine. I now have a copy of "The Hole in our Gospel" and will be starting on it this week on long plane rides. If you have some comments on that book, let me know them also.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment